Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This recipe is posted by request. I found it on www.khanakhazana.com. It was submitted by Madhavi from NJ, USA. This famous dish from Andhra region goes great with rice and sambar. Also a favorite companion on drink parties. To reduce heat in the recipe just substitute half of chili powder with shimla mirch powder.
Top Review by Skylar S.
Don't mix the ketchup, hot sauce or anything with acid into the burger mixture! The meat will become mealy and crumbly due to the acid in the sauces. It denatures the meat or cooks it. Ever see a buffalo chicken burger in the market? That's what I thought....there is a reason. Put the condiments on the burger after it is cooked.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon allspice (cloves, cinnamon, cardamom)
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger paste
- onion, for garnishing
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups yoghurt
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 12 green chilies
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix corn flour, all purpose flour, egg, ginger garlic paste, chili powder and salt to thick batter.
- Add water if required.
- Add chicken pieces to the batter and marinate for an hour.
- Deep fry the marinated chicken pieces till they turn golden.
- Heat 4 tsp oil in a sauce pan and add slit chillies, yogurt, garam masala, red color, little salt and the fried chicken pieces.
- Fry for 4-5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add lime juice, mix well and garnish with onions.