Croakie Callison's Note:
A friend gave my girlfriend and I this recipe. It is a good recipe but can get a little too hot if you add too much chili powder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large pot over medium heat.
- 2Add chicken breasts to pot and brown for 4-5 minutes per side.
- 3Set chicken aside then add the onions and garlic to pot and sauté over medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until onions begin to become translucent.
- 4Add chicken broth Combine masa harina with 2 cups of water in a medium bowl and whisk until blended.
- 5Add masa mixture to pot with onions, garlic and broth.
- 6Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese and spices to pot and bring mixture to a boil.
- 7Then shred the chicken into small, bite-size pieces and add it to the pot.
- 8Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40 minutes or until thick.
- 9Serve soup in cups or bowls, and garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, crumbled corn tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.9
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 54.0 mg
- Sodium 1225.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 17.1 g