This is a great bread with a unique soft texture. It will make (sort of) baguettes that can be made into garlic bread- they are a little flat, but they do the job! This will make one loaf, or two smallish baguettes. Easy to make dairy free too, just use soy milk.
- Add all dry ingredients together and mix well.
- Combine wet ingredients and add to the dry.
- Beat in an electric mixer (strong) on high for 3 minutes.
- Pour into an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan (or use oiled hands and spatula to shape into 2 thin, tallish baguettes on baking paper). Let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Brush the top with oil (you must do this step! Otherwise the crust is yuk) and bake at 180 C or 350 F for 50-60 minutes.
- Variations-Add olives, sundried tomatoes, italian herbs and a little parmesan to make a nice foccacia! (instead of making two baguettes shape into a square or round).