Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Southwestern flavored chicken, cheeses, chilies and spices wrapped in puff pastry and baked until golden brown. Serve warm with salsa and guacamole.
- 2 -3 cups finely chopped southwestern seasoned cooked chicken
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagefrozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except for puff pastry. Mix well; chill until ready to use.
- Remove half of the puff pastry from the refrigerator at a time. On a lightly floured board, roll pastry to a 9 x 12 inch rectangle.
- Cut into 9 small rectangles.
- Place about 2 T. filling across the center of each rectangle.
- Wet edge of pastry with water and roll pastry around filling.
- Crimp ends with a fork to seal.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- Place seam side down, on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Bake at 425 for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.