Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've not tried these yet, but they are on my 'try this' list to do soon.
Make and share this Chickahominy House Square Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- *Lardis the shortening used for these biscuits.
- If using another shortening, increase amount to 5-6 tbs.
- Into a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With a knife or pastry blender, cut in lard until mixture is the consistency of cornmeal.
- Handling as little as possible, mix in buttermilk.
- On a floured board, roll or pat out with hands until 1/2" thick.
- Cut into 3" squares.
- Arrange in pan and bake in 425F oven until golden brown, about 15 min.
- Serve hot from oven.
- Makes 12.