Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Chicken - Enchilada soup - From BH&G magazine. Putting here for safe keeping
Make and share this Chickadilla Soup (Chicken Enchilada Soup for the Slow Cooker) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 30 ounces diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces mild enchilada sauce
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (or pinto beans)
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1⁄2 medium chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- chopped avocado, shredded cheddar, sour cream, hot sauce, crushed tortilla chips (all are optional as garnish)
- Place all ingredients into a 6 quart slow cooker. Mix. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- After a few hours, once chicken is cooked remove, shred and return to pot for remaining cooking time.
Love this soup! It's super easy and very flavorful! I use green enchilada sause because I like it better. I have made it in the crockpot and on the stove (with rotisserie chicken meat, when i was in a time crunch) and both have turned out great. I share this with lots of people and get nothing but rave reviews!
This is a wonderful soup. To save time I use a purchased rotisserie chicken. After removing the skn and bones, I simmer them to make the broth for the soup. I usually refrigerate the broth and then skim off the extra fat. The only changes I made was using about 3/4ths of the chicken meat, 1 1/2 cups of frozen white corn and adding 1 Tbsp. of sugar along with the spices. I didn't make it in my crockpot, but simmered it on the stovetop for several hours on low heat.