Recipe by breezermom
To get the best flavor from this salad, you should chill it for 8 hours before serving to give the flavors more time to blend. From the Hilton Head Hospital's cookbook, Hilton Head, SC. Prep and cook time does not include the chill time.
Top Review by Baby Kato
I made half the recipe and wish that I had made it all. This was so good. I used orange and yellow sweet peppers and green olives (what I had on hand). This salad was quick and easy to make with excellent flavors and great textures. Thank you Breezer for sharing a recipe that I will make again. Made FYC tag game.
- 2 (19 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced (chick peas)
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the chick-peas, tomatoes, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, kalamata olives, parsley, green onions, and oregano in a bowl; toss. Set aside.
- Combine the oil and the remaining ingredients in a jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously. Pour the dressing over the chick-pea mixtre. Toss. Refrigerate for 8 hours. Serve at room temperature.