- 1 cup brown sugar (I prefer dark brown)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups flour (I mix in whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking pan (I prefer using parchment on a cookie sheet)
- Mix flour, oats, baking soda and salt in bowl and set aside.
- In separate bowll beat brown sugar and butter until smooth.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Gently stir in chickpeas and chocolate chips.
- Now mix in dry ingredients that were set aside.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto baking sheet. Bake 11 to 13 min until golden brown.