I found this in "The New Glucose Revolution", a book about eating low-GI. This recipe is different because it starts with dried chickpeas, not canned. They can be spiced with any combination of spices you enjoy. Prep time does not include the overnight soak.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) package dried garbanzo beans
For CHICK DEVILS
For RED CHICKS
- paprika, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- 1Soak the chickpeas overnight.
- 2The next day, drain and pat dry the chickpeas.
- 3Place the chickpeas in a single layer on a cookie tray.
- 4Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes or until they are completely crisp.
- 5The chickpeas will shrink back to their original size.
- 6Sprinkle with your flavourings of choice and toss to mix while still hot or let the chickpeas cool down and serve plain.
- 7After seasoning the chickpeas, allow them to air dry for a few days to ensure that any residual moisture has evaporated.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chick Nuts ( Roasted Chickpeas )
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.7
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g