Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a marinade that I developed & tweaked over many years to keep the chicken & pork fussies in my family happy! The name was donated by my children (aka "The Lil Fussies") when they were young & hasn't changed even though they're taller than me now! As this recipe is often requested by friends & family, I thought I might share it here. Enjoy! SPECIAL NOTE: I add 1/2 TB (apprx 2 packets) of "True Lime" = powdered crystallized lime (comes in lemon & orange too) to marinade but was unable to get ingredient to show correctly... adds extra zip but is OPTIONAL :)
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup grainy mustard
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients in large zip-lock type bag by shaking vigorously.
- HINT: I use a Magic Bullet-type chopper/blender to mix/chop all marinade ingredients & pour in bag.
- Add chicken &/or pork of choice (6-8 med chicken breasts or chops), seal bag well & shake to distribute marinade with meat.
- Marinate at least 4 hours in refrigerator, but overnight is the best!
- Bring chicken/pork to room temperature before cooking.
- Remove from marinade & grill or broil to desired done-ness. (apprx 7 mins each side, on grill, for medium boneless chicken breasts or 3/4 inch pork chops = 14 total minutes).
- May also freeze batches of chicken or pork in marinade then thaw & cook as usual.
This was pretty good but I think it would have been better with less or little mustard. I used yellow mustard since I don't care for the spicier mustard in the recipes. I think that the mustard with the lemon juice and the vinegar was just a little too acidic for my taste. I think if I make it again I will put only a small amount of mustard in the marinade or maybe none at all. Made for PAC Spring 2013.