This is a marinade that I developed & tweaked over many years to keep the chicken & pork fussies in my family happy! The name was donated by my children (aka "The Lil Fussies") when they were young & hasn't changed even though they're taller than me now! As this recipe is often requested by friends & family, I thought I might share it here. Enjoy! SPECIAL NOTE: I add 1/2 TB (apprx 2 packets) of "True Lime" = powdered crystallized lime (comes in lemon & orange too) to marinade but was unable to get ingredient to show correctly... adds extra zip but is OPTIONAL :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients in large zip-lock type bag by shaking vigorously.
- 2HINT: I use a Magic Bullet-type chopper/blender to mix/chop all marinade ingredients & pour in bag.
- 3Add chicken &/or pork of choice (6-8 med chicken breasts or chops), seal bag well & shake to distribute marinade with meat.
- 4Marinate at least 4 hours in refrigerator, but overnight is the best!
- 5Bring chicken/pork to room temperature before cooking.
- 6Remove from marinade & grill or broil to desired done-ness. (apprx 7 mins each side, on grill, for medium boneless chicken breasts or 3/4 inch pork chops = 14 total minutes).
- 7May also freeze batches of chicken or pork in marinade then thaw & cook as usual.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chick-N-Pork Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.4
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 507.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 0.7 g