Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Someone found this for me knowing I LOVE Chick-Fil-A sandwiches. There aren't any of these fast food chains where I live now.T he only thing is I don't have a pressure cooker. I'm gonna live through you all, so try them and tell me what you think. This recipe is from Todd Wilbur's book Top Secret Recipes.www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- 3 cups peanut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- milk (for dipping chicken)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 4 plain hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 dill pickle slices
- Heat the peanut oil in a pressure cooker to about 400°F.
- In a small bowl beat the egg and stir in the milk.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Dip each piece of chicken in milk and roll in flour mixture until completely covered.
- Drop all 4 in cooker.
- When steam starts shooting through the pressure release, set timer for 3 minute.
- IMPORTANT: DO NOT CLOSE STEAM RELEASE.
- IT IS VERY DANGEROUS!
- While chicken is cooking, spread a coating of butter on the face of each bun.
- When chicken is done, remove it from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Place two pickles on each bottom bun, then top with chicken and top bun.
- You can add lettuce and tomatoes if you like.
- Mayo also goes well.
well, perhaps the overly self-confident chick-fil-a employee will tell us what the real recipe is then.
I actually did make these. The recipe as posted is entirely too salty. However, once I cut the salt down by half, it actually made a pretty decent fried chicken. However, these in no way tasted like Chik-fil-a. Still, if you're looking for something just a little different as a crust on your chicken fingers, this is pretty good.
I am a little confused,has anyone actually tried this chicken sandwich?I posted it in hopes that someone would actually try it and let me know how it tastes,chick fil a genuine or not.I hope I haven't offended the chick fil a chef who seems to know it all about the chicken sandwich in question,I just love chick fil a and thought that someone else might like to try to re-create the magic,I guess I should be punished for posting this one!!