I received an email this morning with a couple copycat recipes. Here is one (this recipe is slightly different from the other posted Zaar recipe).
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 hard-boiled egg, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2⁄3-1 cup mayonnaise, depending on how you like the texture
- 8 slices Texas toast thick bread (or Thick Cut Sandwich Bread)
- Boil chicken until completely cooked. Remove from water and cool meat.
- You can save the chicken broth, seal and refrigerate no more than a week.
- After chicken is cool, cut into tiny pieces. Place in a mixing bowl with all other ingredients and mix well.
- Butter one side of sandwich bread and grill. Place salad in between grilled bread slices and serve.
Yummy! I haven't had Chick Fil A's Chicken Salad in a long time but this was great. I halved the recipe because I only had one cup of chicken and omitted the sugar. It was very good..thx for a keeper!
This is very close to the actual Chick-Fil-A recipe. The only difference is we used 1/2 chargrilled chicken and 1/2 fried chicken breast with some of the breading removed. Due to the chicken already being seasoned, we never added any sugar, salt or pepper. Great recipe!
I used to work at Chick-fil-a and I ate these sandwiches all the time. This tastes very close, if not exactly the same, to the real thing. Very yummy!