Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I received an email this morning with a couple copycat recipes. Here is one (this recipe is slightly different from the other posted Zaar recipe).
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 hard-boiled egg, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2⁄3-1 cup mayonnaise, depending on how you like the texture
- 8 slices Texas toast thick bread (or Thick Cut Sandwich Bread)
- Boil chicken until completely cooked. Remove from water and cool meat.
- You can save the chicken broth, seal and refrigerate no more than a week.
- After chicken is cool, cut into tiny pieces. Place in a mixing bowl with all other ingredients and mix well.
- Butter one side of sandwich bread and grill. Place salad in between grilled bread slices and serve.
Yummy! I haven't had Chick Fil A's Chicken Salad in a long time but this was great. I halved the recipe because I only had one cup of chicken and omitted the sugar. It was very good..thx for a keeper!
This is very close to the actual Chick-Fil-A recipe. The only difference is we used 1/2 chargrilled chicken and 1/2 fried chicken breast with some of the breading removed. Due to the chicken already being seasoned, we never added any sugar, salt or pepper. Great recipe!
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I'm about to. One thing I'd like to add is that, having worked at a Chick-Fil-A, I know that they make their salad with leftover breakfast filets. So to get the right flavor, you need fried chicken (never boiled) and you need to peel off some, but not all, of the breading before mincing the chicken. Fried is the real secret of this recipe!