Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons skim milk
- 1 (5 ounce) skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Place the chicken on a cutting board. Cover with a sheet of waxed paper. With the smooth side of a meat mallet, pound to an even 1/4" thickness. Cut diagonally into 6 equal strips.
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, sugar, salt, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne. Shake to mix well. Add the chicken. Shake to completely coat the chicken with the flour mixture. Place in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly mist a small nonstick baking sheet with oil spray. Set aside.
- In a small shallow bowl, combine the egg white and the milk. Beat with a fork until smooth. Place the bread crumbs on a small sheet of waxed paper set next to the egg-white mixture.
- One at a time, dip the chicken strips into the egg-white mixture, being sure to coat completely. Allow any excess egg-white mixture to drip off. Dip into the bread crumbs to coat completely. Place, not touching, on the reserved baking sheet.
- Lightly mist both sides with oil spray.
- Bake for 4-6 minutes per side, or until the breading is crisp and the chicken is no longer pink inside.