Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make these little treats for my son to take to school. It's a perfect, cute little Easter treat. I serve them in the individual over-sized cupcake papers. You could use plain Rice Krispies and/or omit the chick.....still just as cute. Prep time does not include cooling and setting time.
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 6 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows (about 1 1/2 10.5 oz bags)
- 9 cups COCOA KRISPIES® cereal
- 90 unwrapped pastel candy-coated chocolate egg-shaped decorative candies (I usually use a combo of Reeses Pieces Pastel Eggs, Hershey's Pastel Eggs, Cadbury and or jelly bean) or 90 jelly beans (I usually use a combo of Reeses Pieces Pastel Eggs, Hershey's Pastel Eggs, Cadbury and or jelly bean)
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) packages marshmallows, peeps chicks (I use yellow)
- Lightly spray 2 cupcake/muffin tins w/ nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows, and stir frequently over the low heat until melted and mixed well with melted margarine. Remove from heat.
- Stir in Rice Krispies and mix to coat well.
- Immediately spoon into muffin/cupcake tins to almost full, but not packed down.
- With greased or wax-paper-covered thumb, OR greased shot glass, press down on center of the Krispies treats to form nest shape. Allow to cool and set completely---about 20 minutes.
- Remove to extra-large foil muffin/cupcake liners.
- Place 2 or 3 egg-shaped candies in each nest.
- Separate the marshmallow Peep chicks and gently press a chick on top of each nest.
These were a big hit, thanks for posting!
THe kdis and adults loved these cute little nests...and they were so darn easy to make..
i loved it and so did my family