1/8 Photos of Chick & Egg Krispies Nest Easter Treats
I make these little treats for my son to take to school. It's a perfect, cute little Easter treat. I serve them in the individual over-sized cupcake papers. You could use plain Rice Krispies and/or omit the chick.....still just as cute. Prep time does not include cooling and setting time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 6 1/2 cups mini marshmallows (about 1 1/2 10.5 oz bags)
- 9 cups COCOA KRISPIES® cereal
- 90 unwrapped pastel candy-coated chocolate egg-shaped decorative candies (I usually use a combo of Reeses Pieces Pastel Eggs, Hershey's Pastel Eggs, Cadbury and or jelly bean) or 90 jelly beans (I usually use a combo of Reeses Pieces Pastel Eggs, Hershey's Pastel Eggs, Cadbury and or jelly bean)
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) packages marshmallows, peeps chicks (I use yellow)
- 1Lightly spray 2 cupcake/muffin tins w/ nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In a large saucepan, over low heat, melt margarine. Add marshmallows, and stir frequently over the low heat until melted and mixed well with melted margarine. Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in Rice Krispies and mix to coat well.
- 4Immediately spoon into muffin/cupcake tins to almost full, but not packed down.
- 5With greased or wax-paper-covered thumb, OR greased shot glass, press down on center of the Krispies treats to form nest shape. Allow to cool and set completely---about 20 minutes.
- 6Remove to extra-large foil muffin/cupcake liners.
- 7Place 2 or 3 egg-shaped candies in each nest.
- 8Separate the marshmallow Peep chicks and gently press a chick on top of each nest.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chick & Egg Krispies Nest Easter Treats
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.8
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 90.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: