Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my mom's recipe, and still my favorite. It's just as good at room temp as it is hot (well, almost).
- Cut the chicken into chunks. You should get 10-16 pieces.
- Combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, rum, garlic, ginger, and bay leaf in a bowl or zipper bag, add the chicken pieces, and let marinate at least 4 hours in the refridgerator (overnight is best).
- Combine the flour, salt, and pepper, and put on a plate or waxed paper for dredging.
- In an electric fryer, or on the stove, heat the vegetable oil to 375 degrees.
- Once the oil has reached the correct temperature, dredge the chicken 4-5 pieces at a time, and fry until crisp and golden brown. The time will depend on the size of the chicken.
- As you complete each batch, remove the cooked pieces to a rack to drain, and dredge and fry the next batch.
- Serve with rice and beans. A salad is good here, too.