This is my mom's recipe, and still my favorite. It's just as good at room temp as it is hot (well, almost).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the chicken into chunks. You should get 10-16 pieces.
- 2Combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, rum, garlic, ginger, and bay leaf in a bowl or zipper bag, add the chicken pieces, and let marinate at least 4 hours in the refridgerator (overnight is best).
- 3Combine the flour, salt, and pepper, and put on a plate or waxed paper for dredging.
- 4In an electric fryer, or on the stove, heat the vegetable oil to 375 degrees.
- 5Once the oil has reached the correct temperature, dredge the chicken 4-5 pieces at a time, and fry until crisp and golden brown. The time will depend on the size of the chicken.
- 6As you complete each batch, remove the cooked pieces to a rack to drain, and dredge and fry the next batch.
- 7Serve with rice and beans. A salad is good here, too.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicharrones De Pollo--Puerto Rican Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.1
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 2832.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 29.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: