Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted for safe-keeping; from Gourmet Sept. 07
Make and share this Chicharrones De Pollo recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups oil
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Stir together rum, lime juice, soy sauce, and sugar in a shallow bowl until sugar has dissolved. Add chicken and stir to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 25 minutes.
- Heat 1 inch oil in a large deep skillet over med-high until it shimmers. Meanwhile, whisk together flour, paprika, and 1/2 teaspoons salt in a shallow bowl.
- Drain chicken and pat dry. Dredge in flour, shaking off excess, then transfer to a plate.
- Fry chicken in 3 batches, turning occasionally, until deep golden brown and cooked through, 6-7 minute per batch. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
I would give this more than 5 stars if I could! The flavors coming from the chicken were scrumptious! I took one reviewers advice and made Linda's Thai Sweet Chili Sauce to dip them in and it was just perfect for this chicken. Yummy!
I really loved the flavors and texture of the chicken... Very tasty! I made and served it with Linda's Thai Sweet Chili Sauce for Dipping (Egg Rolls, Sushi). They went wonderfully together. Kind of like General Tsou's Chicken with added flavor of Rum and lime... It was Incredibly DELICIOUS! I will DEFINATELY be making this again and again... Great served with rice, pilaf or any other grain. I made this as part of the Halloween Swap 2007 Thank you Karissa!
I can't remember when I have had a chicken dish that I enjoyed as much as I have this one! My favorite recipe that I have tried so far on Zaar!