1/1 Photo of Chicharrones Con Huevos (Pork Cracklins With Eggs)
My nieces boyfriend made this for us for breakfast this morning, his mother makes it all the time and at first I thought hmmm no, well let me tell you I was wrong! This was SO GOOD!!!!! I can't wait to have it again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium (dry) skillet on medium heat add the pork cracklins (chicharrones). Lightly fry them just so that they get warmed (about 2 minutes). Set aside.
- 2In a medium sized bowl beat the eggs.
- 3Add the butter or margarine to the skillet and melt.
- 4Add the beaten eggs.
- 5When the eggs are slightly done add the warm pork cracklins and gently fold into the eggs.
- 6Once the eggs are about done add the salsa. He said his mom uses a mild homemade salsa that she canned over the summer but a good store bought salsa would work well too. The more watery it is the better (in this particular recipe). You want the cracklins to absorb the salsa and become moist.
- 7If needed you can add a tiny bit of water just in case your salsa wasn't "watery" enough.
- 8When done. Scoop the huevos con chicharrones into the tortillas and garnish with shredded cheese and additional salsa and cilantro if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicharrones Con Huevos (Pork Cracklins With Eggs)
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.8
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 317.2 mg
- Sodium 363.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: