Prep 26 hrs
Cook 35 mins
Delicious Venezuelan version of a rice water drink. Thick, delicious and refreshing!
- 1 cup rice
- 9 cups water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 stick cinnamon
- ground cinnamon (to taste)
- Wash the rice in 2 cups of water and let it soak overnight. Discard the water and put the rice into a pot with the remaining 7 cups of water and the cinnamon stick. Let the mixture boil for 35 minutes. Remove from heat and Blend everything on high speed until well-blended.
- Let it cool down and serve with a lot of ice.
- Add or garnish with cinnamon to taste as desired.
This was delicious!!!!! It truly was thick, I added a little bit of cinnamon and then blended it because at first it was a little bland. Those of you who try this recipe make sure you put a little of cinnamon to make it a little better.