Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
My wonderful MIL lives in Callifornia and gave me this recipe. I have tweaked it a little to fit my taste. It is a family favorite of theirs, and now I can make it for mine! It is really easy to put together, but so delicious after it cooks for several hours.
- 3 lbs steak (Sirloin, Chuck Roast, London Broil)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- bell pepper (1 Each ( Red, Yellow, Orange and Green)
- 1 large red onion
- 1 jalapeno (May omit if you don't like things to spicy)
- 3 garlic cloves, Minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (I like the onion and garlic)
- 1 cup salsa (Any kind you prefer)
- salt and pepper
- ranch style beans or refried beans, Tortillas and Rice for Serving
- Cut the steak, bell peppers, onion and jalapeno into bite sized pieces or strips.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the vegetables to the heated pan and cook until crisp-tender.
- Add the steak and garlic to the pan with the vegetables and cook until steak is browned.
- Add both cans of tomatoes, the salsa, and salt and pepper to taste to the pan.
- Pour the mixture into your crockpot and cook on low for 5-8 hours.
- Serve with tortillas, rice and beans.
- NOTE: I gave this such a long cooking time because it definitely does not bother it to be cooked for 8 hours in the crockpot. However, it is typically done and tender in 5 hours.