My hubby LOVES bleu cheese, so as soon as I saw this in a little booklet about the Midwest, I knew he'd enjoy steak prepared like this! The original recipe called for 1/2 C. A1 Steak sauce for marinating, but since I didn't have any, I made up my own marinade. I offer here the excellent results.
- Lay steak portions in a marinating container or a zippered plastic bag.
- Splash several dashes of the marinade into the bag; zip the bag shut and smoush the bag to spread the marinade around.
- Allow steaks to marinate for at least 30 minutes (longer is even better).
- At the end of the marinating time: either grill the meat or brown in a large HOT frying pan with 2 T. butter or oil.
- Cook uncovered for four to five minutes; drizzle marinade over meat, flip meat over; continue cooking for another three to four minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the butter, cheese and onion; set aside.
- When meat has attained perfection, swirl the pan juices around, remove the meat to a serving platter; drizzle pan juices over the meat.
- Spoon one-fourth of the bleu-butter over each portion; serve immediately.
- SERVE WITH: spinach salad with warm bacon dressing, buttered green beans, and sweet potato slices baked with honey and olive oil!
- p e r f e c t i o n h a s b e e n a c h i e v e d!