1/1 Photo of Chicago Style Pizza Crust
4 hrs 55 mins
4 hrs 15 mins
*Under Construction* This is restaurant recipe so it makes about 4 pizza crusts. I fixed it up a little to make it easier to understand (hopefully)! Prep time includes rest time.
My Private Note
10 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixer, combine water and yeast, allowing yeast to dissolve. Add the remaining ingredients (except cornmeal) and begin mixing the dough using a dough hook at low speed.
- 2Once a ball has formed, mix on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes until dough becomes elastic and smooth.
- 3Remove from the mixer and place in a bowl coated with olive oil. Allow to rest approximately 4 hours.
- 4Once rested, divid into two portions, place on a flat surface and dust with flour.
- 5Preheat oven to 425°F Sprinkle the bottoms of two deep baking dishes or deep dish pizza pans (I use 10 inch springform pans) with cornmeal. Spread the dough, using your fingers, at the bottom of the pan making sure to have enough to come up the sides approximately 1/2 inch high.
- 6Layer first with mozzarella, then tomato sauce and toppings.
- 7Bake pizza for 30 to 40 minutes or until crispy and golden.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicago Style Pizza Crust
Serving Size: 1 (1449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 945.8
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1172.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 173.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 23.5 g