Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs 38 mins
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 0.5 (14 ounce) jar Ragu pizza sauce
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- pepper, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup pepperoni, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- For crust, dissolve yeast in water.
- Add sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons oil.
- Stir in flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn out onto well floured board.
- Knead about 3 minutes.
- Put in greased bowl; cover and let rise in warm place about 1 1/2 hours.
- Brush a 14-inch deep-dish pizza pan with 2 tablespoons oil; sprinkle with corn meal.
- Punch dough down; press in bottom of pan.
- Let rise 30 minutes.
- Punch down again, lightly coat with olive oil.
- Cook at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes until set. (Punch down dough after 5 minutes or so.) Arrange cheese over dough.
- Place pepperoni, olives, peppers and mushrooms over cheese. Spread pizza sauce. Sprinkle with oregano, crushed pepper and Parmesan cheese. Place pizza in oven and cook at 450 degrees until cheese is melted and crust is golden (about 20 to 25 minutes). Makes 8 slices.