Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe I got from Taste of Home. It got Grand Prize in their pizza competition.
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9x12 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over med. heat until no longer pink. Drain.
- Sprinkle over dough.
- Top with Mozz cheese.
- In a skiller, saute muchrooms and onion in oil until tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, salt, fennel, and garlic powder.
- Spoon over mozz cheese.
- Sprinkle with Parm cheese.
- Bake @ 350 for 25-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.