3 hrs 30 mins
This is a very good and easy recipe for the Chicago-Style Italian Beef Sandwiches. May be made up well in advance and kept refrigerated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place roast on a rack, in an open 13 x 9-inch roasting pan with the rack in it. Preheat oven to 325. degrees F. Bake, allowing 25 minutes per pound. Roast will be rare. Cool, and slice very thin.
- 2To the drippings in the pan, add the boiling water, bouillon cubes or granules, (1 bouillon cube for each cup of boiling water used). Add marjoram, thyme, oregano, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper,.
- 3Worcestershire sauce, garlic cloves, and chopped green pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Add the thinly sliced beef and cover. Marinate in gravy in refrigerator overnight.
- 5The next day, heat thoroughly, and serve warm on the French bread, along with a crisp, green salad.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicago-Style Italian Beef Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 573.8
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 212.7 mg
- Sodium 464.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 59.1 g