1/1 Photo of Chicago-Style Hot Dogs
They're steamed in beer and served with a garden of toppings. Recipe is from Woman's World.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) can beer or 1 (8 ounce) can water
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot dogs, 8
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package hot dog buns, 8
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced pickled hot cherry peppers
- 1In deep skillet over medium-high heat, combine beer and hot dogs; cover.
- 2Bring to simmer; reduce heat to medium.
- 3Cook until hot dogs are cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, mix next 3 ingredients.
- 5Fill each bun with tomato slices, hot dog, mustard sauce, pickle, onion and peppers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicago-Style Hot Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.6
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 1023.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pickled hot cherry peppers