1/1 Photo of Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza Crust
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together water, yeast and sugar in a bowl and set aside to proof for 10 minutes.
- 2In a large bowl sift together flour and salt and sprinkle in thyme. Mix eggs into yeast mixture. Pour liquid into dry ingredients and mix until a soft sticky dough forms.
- 3remove dough to a lightly floured surface and knead 5 minutes, until dough is no longer sticky.
- 4Place in a well oiled bowl, turning to coat all sides, cover and allow to rise until doubled in bulk 2 - 3 hours.
- 5Punch dough down and place into a well oiled 12" pizza pan.
- 6using your hands, move dough around the bottom of the pan and 2/3 the way up the sides.
- 7Set aside and let rise 10 minutes.
- 8Brush crust lightly with olive oil and add toppings.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza Crust
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.8
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 26.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 9.0 g