Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Whisk together water, yeast and sugar in a bowl and set aside to proof for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl sift together flour and salt and sprinkle in thyme. Mix eggs into yeast mixture. Pour liquid into dry ingredients and mix until a soft sticky dough forms.
- remove dough to a lightly floured surface and knead 5 minutes, until dough is no longer sticky.
- Place in a well oiled bowl, turning to coat all sides, cover and allow to rise until doubled in bulk 2 - 3 hours.
- Punch dough down and place into a well oiled 12" pizza pan.
- using your hands, move dough around the bottom of the pan and 2/3 the way up the sides.
- Set aside and let rise 10 minutes.
- Brush crust lightly with olive oil and add toppings.
Great recipe! It turned out wonderful. For those of you wondering about baking time and temperature, I found that 375 degrees for 25 minutes worked out really well.
I liked the crust very much. I should have divided it into two pans though, because the crust was a little too deep and thick, even though I love deep dish pizza. Next time, I'm going to try stuffing cheese in the crust!
This made an excellent, soft crust. The thyme flavor was very strong, making a uniquely flavored crust. If you are looking for a more neutral crust, I would cut the thyme in half. It's all a matter of preference, of course.