1/11 Photos of Chicago Style Deep-Dish Pizza
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pepperoni, thinly sliced and cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Remove skins from sausage and cook in heavy skillet, crumbling as you cook.
- 3Remove sausage to plate covered with paper towel to drain.
- 4Remove fat from skillet.
- 5Sauté sweet pepper and onion in olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- 7Add pepperoni, basil, oregano and black pepper; cook another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Unroll pizza dough and place in well-seasoned 10-inch cast-iron skillet.
- 9You may need to stretch slightly so dough comes up about 1 inch on the sides.
- 10Spread dough with 2 tablespoons of the pizza sauce.
- 11Spread half the vegetable filling evenly over and top with half of the sausage.
- 12Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and dot with 3 tablespoons sauce.
- 13Top with half of the mozzarella cheese.
- 14Repeat layering again.
- 15Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicago Style Deep-Dish Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.2
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 53.1 mg
- Sodium 756.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: