Recipe by Please Delete
Great for football or tailgate parties.
Top Review by Kaarin
This was pretty tasty, but we thought it needed more salt, pepper and garlic. I made a half recipe and it made enough for 8-10 people. We enjoyed this with hot pepper mustard on toasted hoagie buns. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 1 (4 -5 lb) boneless beef rump roast
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth (gravy ingredient)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (gravy ingredient)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (gravy ingredient)
- 3 green bell peppers (sliced in strips)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (gravy ingredient)
- 1 teaspoon marjoram (gravy ingredient)
- 1 teaspoon basil (gravy ingredient)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme (gravy ingredient)
- 10 hoagie rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) jargiardiniera relish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Place the meat on the rack in a roasting pan and bake 2 hours.
- Let cool then slice very thin with electric knife.
- Pour the broth into the roasting pan, set over medium heat on top of stove.
- Stir to loosen the brown bits.
- Add garlic, Worcestershire, bell peppers, oregano, marjoram, basil and thyme.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the meat, stirring to coat with gravy.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (at least 4 hours).
- Reheat and serve on haogie rolls moistened with the gravy and layered with pepperoncini.
- Garnish with the optional Giardiniera Relish.
- ** gravy ingredients can be doubled.