1/6 Photos of Chicago Public School Cafeteria Butter Cookies
I used to love the butter cookies they sold in my high school cafeteria. I've been looking for the recipe and this comes very close (if my poor old memory serves me right). These might be a little more tender than the CPS butter cookies but they're close enough for me!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- 3Mix in vanilla extract.
- 4Mix in flour gradually.
- 5Using a small cookie scoop, roll dough into balls and slightly flatten on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 6Flatten cookies with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar if desired.
- 7Bake until golden brown (approximately 12-15 minutes.
- 8Makes about 2 dozen.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicago Public School Cafeteria Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (650 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.5
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 74.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.2 g