Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I used to love the butter cookies they sold in my high school cafeteria. I've been looking for the recipe and this comes very close (if my poor old memory serves me right). These might be a little more tender than the CPS butter cookies but they're close enough for me!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour gradually.
- Using a small cookie scoop, roll dough into balls and slightly flatten on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten cookies with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar if desired.
- Bake until golden brown (approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Makes about 2 dozen.
This recipe was pretty close to the cps butter cookies but missing a few important ingredients, 4 cups all purpose flour sifted, 1 3/4 cups powered sugar, 1/4 cup graduated sugar,4 sticks butter softed, 1 Tbs almond extract, Do not substitute ingredients!!!!!! Best butter lunchroom cookies ever!!!!!!
I made these cookies n they were amazing!! I live in chicago so ive had cookies from school these r very close to them this def a keeper!!!! If u want a really good butter cookie u need to try these!!
The first time I tried these I used margarine instead of butter and Splenda instead of sugar. You don't want to know how terrible they were. They were like little lumps of stuff. If you threw them at a window, it would bust for sure. It was bad!!<br/>The second, third, fourth and on and on times I made them, I followed the recipe to the "t" and how amazing it was that they tasted like the ones at good ole' Hubbard H.S. in Chicago!!