I used to love the butter cookies they sold in my high school cafeteria. I've been looking for the recipe and this comes very close (if my poor old memory serves me right). These might be a little more tender than the CPS butter cookies but they're close enough for me!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour gradually.
- Using a small cookie scoop, roll dough into balls and slightly flatten on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten cookies with the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar if desired.
- Bake until golden brown (approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Makes about 2 dozen.