Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe that produces some YUMMY meatballs! This was served at a party recently, and everyone raved over them, and now I have the recipe! :) The original recipe calls for a medium can sauerkraut, so I estimated the size. These are great over rice, noodles, or potatoes!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chili sauce
- 6 ounces water
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut (drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- Mix meatball ingredients together.
- Roll meatballs.
- Place in a 9x13 dish when done.
- Mix sauce ingredients and pour over meatballs.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350* for 1-1/2 hours.
I was about to post this funky recipe i grabbed out of the Armed Forces Staff College cookbook Class of 1985 when... it was already here! These are super tasty. Adding the sauerkraut is very important. It helps out with the sweet and sour balance. These are super! Great post! ;)
I have made this same recipe minus the saurkraut. And these are very yummy.I like the idea of incorporating the saurkraut into the sauce. Next time I will do that.Thanks for sharing a new variation on this recipe. It is a good one.