Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Good pizza, by April Beason, made often for the kids.
- 2 deep dish pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- Prepare 2 deep-dish pizza dough, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add pepper, onions, and garlic, and saute 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, oregano, and salt, saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Spread half of tomatoes over each prepred crust, and top each with half of vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle monterey jack cheese and provolone evenly over pizzas.
- Bake at 475 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees, and bake 15 additional minutes.
- Cut and serve.