Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a terrific recipe to make when you have left over chicken. Saves a step, cuts down on the prep time and uses up that chicken.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 package chopped broccoli (cook per directions)
- 1 can corn (drained)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta cheese (cut in cubes)
- 1⁄2 jar mushroom (more if desired)
- 1 jar pimiento
- Ritz cracker (crumbled)
- Poach chicken in water, when cool enough to handle pull apart into bite-size pieces.
- In a large 9x12 casserole layer cooked chicken, drained corn and broccoli.
- Mix soup with milk, cheese, mushrooms and pimentos.
- Heat and pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle top with Ritz crackers which have been mixed with enough butter to moisten.
- If prepared ahead and refrigerate, do not top with the Ritz until ready to bake.
- Bake for 1 hour or till bubbly and hot.
- Do not fill casserole to full; this cooks over easily.
I added about 2 cups of cooked macaroni to this along with another can of soup and some extra milk. I kept the Velveeta the same because my husband isn't a big fan of it. I stirred everything together then cooked in a 13 x 9 for 35-40 minutes. It was delicious! Very creamy and we enjoyed the corn/broccoli combo. I will make the recipe as written another time when my husband isn't requesting a "noodle casserole". Thanks for the recipe!!
This is delicious! Only changes I made were to use fresh mushrooms that I needed to use up, and a bit of diced bell peppers. This is a new favorite!!
This was wonderful. I didn't have any regular corn in the pantry. I did have creamed corn instead and used it. Very delicious. The first word my bf said was YUM after the first bite.