Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Excellent spiked iced tea, recipe complements of Ingrid Hoffmann.
Make and share this Chica Iced Tea (South American Style) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 family-size tea bag (equivalent to 4 regular)
- 1 quart boiling water
- 4 limes, quartered
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup white rum
- ice, for serving
- Place the tea bag(s) in an iced tea jar or large pitcher. Pour the boiling water over the tea bag and let steep for at least 5 minutes.
- While tea steeps, muddle the limes and the sugar in a medium bowl, until the sugar dissolves and the lime releases its juice.
- After steeping, remove tea bags from the jar.
- Carefully add the lime/sugar mixture using a large spoon. Stir well to combine.
- Add the pomegranate juice and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, add the rum and stir to incorporate.
- Serve over ice.
Loved this treat JanuaryBride. It was so delicious and refreshing, just packed full of flavor. I used Havana Rum and was pretty liberal with the pomegrante juice. I can't wait for after dinner so I can have another glass. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7 (Witchin Kitchen)
Refreshing drink! It reminded me somewhat of a Long Island Iced Tea but not as strong. It tasted really different- the Pom juice made it have a unique flavor that was just good! I loved the lime juice in here too. Made it refreshing and citrusy. *Made for ZWT 4- South and Central America*
This tasted wonderful on a hot and muggy day. It really hit the spot! Made for Zaar World Tour 4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.