Recipe by JanuaryBride
Excellent spiked iced tea, recipe complements of Ingrid Hoffmann.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Loved this treat JanuaryBride. It was so delicious and refreshing, just packed full of flavor. I used Havana Rum and was pretty liberal with the pomegrante juice. I can't wait for after dinner so I can have another glass. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7 (Witchin Kitchen)
- 1 family-size tea bag (equivalent to 4 regular)
- 1 quart boiling water
- 4 limes, quartered
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup white rum
- ice, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the tea bag(s) in an iced tea jar or large pitcher. Pour the boiling water over the tea bag and let steep for at least 5 minutes.
- While tea steeps, muddle the limes and the sugar in a medium bowl, until the sugar dissolves and the lime releases its juice.
- After steeping, remove tea bags from the jar.
- Carefully add the lime/sugar mixture using a large spoon. Stir well to combine.
- Add the pomegranate juice and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, add the rum and stir to incorporate.
- Serve over ice.