Recipe by Candle Lover
Quick Cooking 2008 recipe. Notes say a Church that Sara Nelson attended served this at several of their functions.
- 8 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh carrot
- 4 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 7 ounces chicken rice pilaf mix, with vermicelli mix
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, bring water, celery, bay leaves, carrots to boil. Stir in chicken , onion, garlic, pepper, and rice mix. Return to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- remove bay leaves.
- I added onion, garlic, pepper, and bay leaves that where not in original recipe.
- could add a handful of peas for more color.
- I think this would work well with beef rice mix using beef instead of chicken and beef bouillon. Havent tried it yet.
- I served with grilled ham and cheese for lunch tasted great.