Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
from cooking light, this is my new salsa, so tasty!
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1 cup chopped granny smith apple
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, chopped
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- mix all ingredients, enjoy-.
- tastes even better in a day or 2.
This is a very unique but delicious salsa recipe. The ingredients all went surprisingly well together and what a mixture of color. Very zesty with the lime and balsamic vinegar. I served with toasted tortilla chips. Thanks, chia.
Refreshing change to the usual salsa. Took this to a potluck and everyone enjoyed it. Made as written.
This is an unusual, type of salsa. The red onions, apples, balsamic vinegar and sugar make it sweet, while the jalapenos give it a kick. If you ever get tired of the standard salsa, you should certainly try this. If I could best describe this I would call this a "Fusion-Cuisine" type salsa. Delish.