Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
this is probably my favorite summer food-salad in a mug. it is very refreshing, not to mention low fat, low calorie, but full of vitamins and flavor
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 lbs tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced,seeded
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt, pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup tomato juice
- Tabasco sauce
- sour cream (to garnish) (optional)
- puree first 4 ingredients in processor.
- reserve 1/2 c each tomatoes, cucumbers, green pepper, then add all the rest of the ingredients to processor, pulse until chunky. chill, 1-6 hours.
- garnish with reserved vegetables and extra tabasco, and sour cream, to taste.
Came looking for an easy gazpacho recipe and all I can say is wow! Love it! My changes were that I deleted the tomato paste because I didn't have any on hand and added some sliced jalapenos that we had in the fridge. As good as this is after a couple of hours, its is even better the next day.
I love this gazpacho, it's delicious and so simple to make. I love the flavor of the cilantro and garlic. I added a little extra garlic and garnished it with toasted croutons. This one's a keeper. Thanks for a wonderful recipe Chia!
A+ this is excellent. The flavors are excellent. The only changes I made was to use 1/2 flax oil and 1/2 olive oil for the health benefits, an additional clove of garlic instead of the tabasco, and 3T tomato paste for the tomato juice for thickness, and the fact that I didn't have tomato juice.