Recipe by chia
this is probably my favorite summer food-salad in a mug. it is very refreshing, not to mention low fat, low calorie, but full of vitamins and flavor
Top Review by CarolynB
Came looking for an easy gazpacho recipe and all I can say is wow! Love it! My changes were that I deleted the tomato paste because I didn't have any on hand and added some sliced jalapenos that we had in the fridge. As good as this is after a couple of hours, its is even better the next day.
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 lbs tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced,seeded
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt, pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup tomato juice
- Tabasco sauce
- sour cream (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- puree first 4 ingredients in processor.
- reserve 1/2 c each tomatoes, cucumbers, green pepper, then add all the rest of the ingredients to processor, pulse until chunky. chill, 1-6 hours.
- garnish with reserved vegetables and extra tabasco, and sour cream, to taste.