1/1 Photo of Chiarello's Pumpkin Pastina
Progresso Recipe Starters's Note:
Courtesy of Progresso
My Private Note
1 1/2 c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (32 ounce) carton Progresso® chicken broth (4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 lb uncooked pastina (or other small pasta, such as riso)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup winter squash, roasted or 1 (9 ounce) box frozen winter squash, thawed
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey (plain or smoked, about 1/4 lb, if desired)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (and a small piece for garnishing)
- 1Bring the broth to a low simmer in a saucepan.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add the onion and cook until soft but not brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the thyme; stir, and add 2 cups of the simmering broth. Bring to a boil.
- 3Add the pastina; stir well, and reduce the heat to maintain a slow simmer. Season with salt and pepper. Add simmering broth 1/2 cup at a time as the previous addition is absorbed, and stirring occasionally to prevent the pastina from sticking to the bottom of the pan, until the pasta is al dente, about 15 minutes.
- 4Add the squash and turkey to reheat. Stir well. The consistency should be quite loose, like a thick soup. Add more broth if necessary. Add the 1/2 cup cheese and let melt for a moment before stirring inches Taste for seasoning. If desired, pour into hollowed-out pumpkin for serving; garnish with cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chiarello's Pumpkin Pastina
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.4
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.6 mg
- Sodium 222.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 26.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Progresso® chicken broth