Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Courtesy of Progresso
Make and share this Chiarello's Next Day Turkey Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaf, if desired
- 2 (32 ounce) cartons Progresso® chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces*
- 1 sweet potato, diced*
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked small pasta (such as orzo or pastina)
- 3 cups diced cooked dark turkey meat
- In a large soup pot, heat garlic in the olive oil. Allow to brown slightly and add onion, carrot and celery. Cover; sweat over medium-low heat until softened, 7 or 8 minutes. Add the chopped sage to the soup pot along with the broth and the bay leaf. Bring to a simmer. When simmering, add the green beans, sweet potato and pasta to the soup. Bring it back up to a simmer; lower heat and cook for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and pasta is cooked. Stir in turkey. Turn the heat off. Cover, and allow to sit and steam for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Tips: 3 cups leftover cooked Thanksgiving side vegetables can be used in place of the fresh vegetables.
- Copyright 2010 Michael Chiarello. Recipe provided by Chef Michael Chiarello – June 2010.