Recipe by That is Dr House to you
Szechaun Charcoal Flavored Green Peppers from Florence Lin's cookbook
- 4 large green peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Braggs liquid aminos or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chilie hot pepper oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry the peppers. Remove seeds and pith. Cut into 1 1/2 inch X 1 inch pieces.
- There should be about 4 cups.
- Put in bowl and sprinkle on salt and sugar. Mix well and let sit for 4 hours.
- Squeeze as much water as possible out of the peppers with a kitchen towel. Set aside.
- Heat the wok to very high heat. Add oil and stir fry the peppers for 4 to 5 minutes They should be slightly burnt. Add the soy sauce and cook for one more minute. Refrigerate and serve cold.
- For the Spicy version add vingear and hot chilie pepper oil.
- Serve as appetizer or with Congee.