Recipe by lvlrs_l3urnside
I got this recipe from Every Day Italian!! It looks awesome and not too hard to make!
- 3 lbs beef brisket
- 1 (750 ml) bottle chianti wine
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, halved
- 6 ounces green beans, halved
- 4 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 sage leaves
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the beef in a 13x9 inch glass baking dish.
- Pour the wine over the meat and cover.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hours turning the meat over halfway through.
- Remove meat from the wine and pat dry with paper towels.
- Reserve wine.
- In a large pot, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the meat on all sides w/salt and pepper.
- Place the meat in the pan and brown on all sides, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove the meat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add the carrots, celery, garlic, olives, green beans, potatoes, rosemary, and sage.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour the reserved wine, tomatoes, and beef broth into the pan.
- Scrape the brown bits that cling to the bottom of the pan w/a wooden spoon.
- Return the meat to the pan and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 3 to 3.5 hours or until the meat is very tender.
- Remove the meat and rosemary sprigs from the stew.
- Place the meat on a cutting board and cut into quarters.
- Using 2 forks, shred the meat into bite-size pieces.
- Add the shredded meat to the stew and cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.