Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Olive Garden's Chianti Braised Short Ribs
- 1360.77 g boneless beef short ribs (*)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 473.18 ml chianti wine
- 907.18 g can crushed tomatoes
- 709.77 ml beef broth
- 9.85 ml fresh rosemary, chopped
- PAT short ribs dry and season with salt and pepper.
- COAT a large, nonstick pan with olive oil. Sear the short rib pieces over medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until brown. Transfer short ribs to a bowl.
- ADD onions to pan and cook over medium heat for approximately 3 minutes. Once onions are translucent, add garlic and cook for 1 minute; do not brown. Add Chianti, rosemary, beef broth and tomatoes to the pan one at a time, allowing liquid to partially evaporate before each addition (about 2 minutes).
- RETURN short ribs to pan, including any juices that might have accumulated in the bowl. Cover and let simmer for 3 hours on low heat to complete the braising process. Remove short ribs from pan and boil the liquid until it is reduced by half; about 10 minutes.
- RETURN short ribs to pan and heat thoroughly.
- SERVE with potatoes or risotto and vegetables.
- *Your grocery store butcher can cut into individual ribs and de-bone.