Prep 40 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Found in Everyday with Rachael Ray March/2009. It is recommended to eat with fried polenta. Posted for safe keeping!! update: I made this recipe last week end...served it with polenta...DH went wild for it! Delicious and Rich!
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over med high heat.
- Working in batches, add the ribs and cook, turning often, until browned, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a large slow cooker.
- Pour off all but 1 tbls fat from the skillet.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until slightly softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker and cook on low heat until tender, about 6 hours.
- Transfer the ribs to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Strain the cooking liquid into a large measuring cup and skim off as much fat as possible from the surface.
- Transfer to a saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until reduced to about 1 cup.
- Whisk in the tomato paste and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over the ribs.
This recipe was super easy & the ribs turned out tender & tasty. Adding this one to our regular rotation at home!
This dish is superb!