Recipe by LilKiwiChicken
Another of the recipes from my sister, who went on a cooking class in Thailand. If you can't find galangal you can substitute ginger, for the coriander root you can substitute the stems.
- 10 red chilies, dried
- 1⁄4 cup water, hot
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon galangal, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander root
- 5 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste or 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak dried chillis in hot water for 15 minutes.
- While the chillis are soaking, put garlic, galangal, lemongrass, lime peel & coriander root into a mortar (or electric grinder) & pound well.
- Put shallot, red chillies & shrimp paste into mortar & pound until smooth (and there are no lumps).