Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Stir-fry for my sister, Renee.
- 8 ounces dried rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 asian red shallots, chopped
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 8 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons thai green curry paste (homemade is better, but commercial will do)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar or 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- chopped cilantro leaf
- Cook noodles by following package directions; drain, refresh under cold running water and set aside.
- Heat a wok until it is hot; add in oil, then add in the shallots; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in the zucchini, garlic, mushrooms, and red pepper; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Stir in the chili flakes and curry paste; cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk, stock, and fish sauce; stir in the sugar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes; add in the cooked noodles and heat through, stirring gently.
- Divide among 4 warmed bowls and serve, sprinkled with peanuts and cilantro.