Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A hearty soup.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 500 g beef, cut into 2 . 5cm strips
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 200 g fresh thin egg noodles
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- lime wedge, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large wok and stir-fry the onion and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the curry powder, curry paste and 2 tablespoons of coconut milk. Stir-fry for another minute.
- Add beef and turn up the heat and stir-fry until brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining coconut milk and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Blanch the noodles in boiling water and divide between the serving bowls.
- Pour over the curry mixture and garnish with the green onions, coriander leaves and lime wedges.
This was a lovely thick soup. It was rich, deep and very flavorful. We loved it. So quick and easy to put together. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks so much for sharing Jewelies.
I made a half recipe of this soup except for the noodles-the two of us piggies shared 400g fresh noodles! This meant we ended up with a beefy, wet noodle dish rather than a soup. As this was our dinner, I though 50g noodles was a bit light on for us. I think the soup lacked vegies to make it a complete meal and I would suggest blanching asparagus, broccoli and snow peas etc (or any combo you like) then adding them in for the last minute or two. This is a rich and delicious soup and has quite an authentic flavour for minimum work. I'll be making it again with the additions I mentioned.