Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These muffins were featured on the Dr Oz show as a health-booster. They are also very tasty! Chia seeds can be found at health food stores or online. Don't eat the ones that come with your Chia Pet :) ! Hope that you enjoy these healthy little muffins. *(Note- each muffin is about 150 calories, the caloric info listed for this recipe does not include the chia seeds or the agave syrup).
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds (you can use whole seeds as well)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (or canned pumpkin)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine chia seeds, flour, baking soda, salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sweet potato puree, apple sauce, egg whites, agave, lemon juice, zest, and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients and the cranberries into the wet mixture, just until blended.
- Pour into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 15 to 20 minutes.