Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This fast meal is great for single people on the go, who come home late from work and exercising. You get the benefits of Omega 3 fatty acids, fiber and protein from the Chia seeds. This will satisfy you without having to eat any meat. I put 21 Salute seasoning on everything because there is no salt.
- 1 (24 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) bagbirds eye sweet peas, steamfresh
- 1⁄4 cup colby or 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Follow directions on the frozen vegetables to microwave for your size microwave and microwave first, since these take longer than the mashed potatoes and remain hot. Follow directioins on the mashed potatoes and microwave, I find you may have to put them in an additional 1.5 minutes to heat all the way through the center. Place the potatoes and vegetables in a large glass bowl to sprinkle in the 21 salute seasoning (3 shakes). Add one teaspoon of Chia seeds and mix well. You can have this as a main meal and then re-heat the next night, if you wish.