Recipe by UmmBinat
I think this is healthier than the expensive Qi'a cereal by Natures Path I was obsessed with for a bit. I made my own up you could always alter the amounts to taste use another type of nut butter or add different dried fruit. I like to keep it simple without making it too sweet.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I took a different path with this recipe. First I soaked the seeds in warm almond milk.<br/>Then I added a scoop of thick yogurt to a serving bowl, stirred the honey into the cashew butter and spooned it around the yogurt. Spooned the seed/almond milk mixture around the cashew butter and topped the yogurt with the grapes. Added a sprinkle of cinnamon. Made for Veg Tag/April.
- 1⁄4 cup organic hemp seeds
- 1⁄2 cup organic chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon organic local raw honey
- 1 tablespoon organic smooth cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon organic thompson seedless grapes
- 1 1⁄8 cups warm water (I heat cold tap water in my tea kettle)
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: I'm estimating amounts so make yours to the consistency you enjoy. Chia seeds expand after sitting a few minutes in liquid.
- Mix all the ingredients up with two spoons to mash the honey and cashew butter in as much as you can (yes there will still be bits not mixed if you hate that just use a home-made nut-milk instead. I love cashew butter so I don't have any complaints.).
- Wait 2 minutes and enjoy to your health!